Today federal District Judge Nelda Ramos signed off on a plan to allow voters that do not have the valid photo ID’s required by SB14 to vote in the November Elections. Highlights of the Order:
- You may vote with a SB14 ID, if you have one;
- You may vote with any of the identification that has been considered valid enough, such as the voter registration card, utility bills , paychecks, government checks or other government documents that show the voter’s name and address;
- Election personnel cannot challenge the reasonableness of the “impediment” to having a SB14 ID;
- You will have to sign a “reasonable impediment” declaration if you don’t have a SB14 ID;
- The declaration may only be rejected if there is conclusive evidence that the person completing the declaration is not the person for whom the ballot is being cast; and
- The State must develop a plan and spend $2.5 million on voter education before the November election.
I have included a link to the order below!
Marc Meyer, County Chair